Please note that the deadline for this Call for Papers is 15 January 2009 (and not 2008, as previously announced).
RADICAL PSYCHOLOGY: CALL FOR PAPERS
Radical Psychology: A Journal of Psychology, Politics and Radicalism invites submissions for a special issue in our upcoming series on feminism and psychology focused on the topic of girlhood.
Radical Psychology provides a forum for scholars interested in social justice and the betterment of human welfare but dissatisfied with the manner in which mainstream psychology has addressed these issues.
The special issue of Radical Psychology seeks conceptual and empirical articles that address any issue relevant to girlhood (i.e. adolescent girls).
This may include but is not limited to:
· Exploration and redefinition of girlhood and/or critical examination of theories of adolescence relating to girlhood
· The otherness of girlhood (considerations of how the lived worlds of adolescent girls differ from those of adult women)
· Girls' understandings of identity and the exploration of the varied meanings of girlhood including experiences connected to language, culture, race/racialization/racism, sexuality, social class, differing abilities or geographic location
· Re-examination of constraints and gender inequalities for adolescent girls/young women
· Gender rebellion and challenges to restrictive modes of femininity and sexuality, including experiences of lesbian, bi-sexual, transgendered and questioning girls
· Particular issues for adolescent girls/young women such as the surveillance and regulation of girls, developing female bodies, violence and abuse, bullying and harassment, reproductive freedom and pregnancy
· Strengths and strategies for change
· Reflections on adults researching girlhood
We welcome articles written by academics, students, activists and practitioners.
Deadline: 15 January 2009
Length: 2,000 8, 000 words
Please refer to the website for further style guidelines: http://www.radpsynet.org/journal/index.html
Send queries and/or manuscripts to Dr. Carol Kauppi, Associate Professor, Laurentian Unviersity: firstname.lastname@example.org
Radical Psychology is an international journal that uses a confidential peer review process where the name of the writer is withheld from the reviewer.
This email list is used solely to notify recipients of upcoming Calls for Papers.
If you would like to be removed from this list (and/or the email list notifying you of new issues) please send an email to email@example.com with 'unsubscribe call for papers' (and/or 'unsubscribe new issue alerts') in the subject line.
If you would like to join this email list (and/or the email list notifying you of new issues) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'subscribe call for papers' (and/or 'subscribe new issue alerts') in the subject line.