2012 ISEPP conference in Philadelphia this November 2 and 3
ALTERNATIVES TO BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRY: TREATMENTS THAT WORK
A CONFERENCE FOR CLINICIANS, RESEARCHERS, CONSuMERS, PARENTS, AND FAMILIES
• Alternatives to medication for those in psychological distress, including approaches to both psychosis and depression.
• Comparisons of effi cacy of drug and non-drug treatments.
• Consumer-centered interventions that help people move towards full recovery.
• What parents and families can do to help children without reliance on psychotropic drugs.
• Withdrawing from psychotropic drugs: Clinical indications, safety and supervision concerns.
• Treating children and adults with integrative care.
• The impact of the pharmaceutical industry on evidence-based clinical mental health practice.