CALL FOR PAPERS
5th Annual CICA – STR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
CONTEMPORARY ISSUES on VIOLENCE, AGGRESSION AND TERRORISM: LOCAL to GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES
September 7-9, 2011
University of California at Irvine, USA
- CICA - Coloquios Internationales sobre Cerebros y Agresion
- Society for Terrorism Research (STR) http://www.societyforterrorismresearch.org/
- DTIPS - Diversity Training Institute for Public Safety http://diversitytips.org/
- UC Irvine - School of Social Science and Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity http://www.uci.edu/
- Golden West College - Criminal Justice Training Center, International Student Program, and Peace Studies
You are invited to submit proposals for papers and symposia to be presented at the 5th Annual CICA – STR International Conference, to be held September 7-9, 2011 at the University of California at Irvine, USA. Proposals presenting theoretical, empirical and applied content from all behavioral science perspectives are welcome to emphasize the importance of integrating theoretical frameworks and findings from multiple disciplines. Proposal content can cover a range of related topics including, but not limited to:
- Causes, trends, and implications of terrorism on international relations
- Psychological and social impact of aggression and violence resulting from diversity, social economics, war, media exposure, and /or terrorism.
- Complexities of gang involvement in violence, aggression and terrorism.
- Local to global theoretical and practical approaches to prevention and/or intervention of aggression, violence and/or terrorism
- Dynamics of terrorism on local to international security
- Implications of racial and ethnic diversity on aggressive, violent and/or terrorist behavior.
- Transfer of empirical research on aggression, violence, or terrorism to practical prevention and intervention practices at local to global levels
Submission of proposed abstract due May 31, 2011
Notification of acceptance June 15, 2011
Papers, Posters, or Symposium Submissions
Submit a proposal in abstract form to: submissions[at]diversitytips.org, tkwstr[at]gmail.com, and mramirez[at]med.ucm.es. All submissions must be in Microsoft Word format and include the following contact information for each presenter:
- Name(s) of Presenters,
- Title of paper or symposium (with title of sections)
- Abstract of paper or symposium,
- Affiliation(s) –academic or other,
- Office and Cell Telephone(s)
- Website URL
In addition, for Symposia please identify a chairperson for future contact. All persons should receive a letter in response to your proposal submission within ten days. An acceptance letter will contain a submission number for use as reference in further correspondence. In addition, if presenters will need more than a Power Point Projector, and computer with DVD, audio and USB access please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.