Call for Papers for special Issue Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma
Alliant International Univrsity has issued a call for papers for articles for a special issue of the Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma on "Trauma and Military Families."
Trauma and Children in Military Families
The Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma announces a forthcoming special issue on Trauma and Children in Military Families. Manuscripts that address a wide variety of topics involving the effects of trauma exposure and PTSD on children in military families will be considered for this special issue. Of particular interest are methodologically well-designed empirical studies that address topics such as:
• Effects of military parents' post traumatic stress on their children's adaptation and development
• Children's coping with parental PTSD arising from combat trauma
• Children traumatized by the death of a military parent
• Intergenerational transmission of PTSD among military families
• Evidence-based prevention and intervention programs for children of traumatized military personnel
In order to obtain well-rounded coverage of relevant issues, we ask potential contributors to submit paper ideas via email in the form of a detailed summary (i.e., 500-700 words) that highlights the theoretical model/conceptual framework informing the work, the quality of the methodology used, and the implications/unique contributions of the results. Proposals should be sent to Patricia Kerig, PhD at the University of Utah (p.kerig[at]utah.edu) no later than October 1, 2010. Please use "JCAT Military Families" as the subject line. Submissions will be invited by December 1 and solicited submissions will then be due no later than March 31, 2011.